Chow Down – Kathy Cheow
A new relationship is often exhilarating, intense, and fun, but how do you make a new relationship turn to love — and last? Though it’s not easy to make love last, the hard work you put in to the relationship will lead to a deep and meaningful connection that could last a lifetime. To make love last, you have to appreciate your loved one, support your loved one, and make time for love and romance. If you want to know how to do it, follow these steps.
- A survey of 470 studies on compatibility revealed that the one thing many long-lasting relationships have in common is “positive illusions”, which allowed the people in the relationship to see each other in a positive light. This is also known as the “positive perspective.”
- Every day, look for the best in your partner and remind yourself why you are with this wonderful person.
- Make it a goal to surprise your partner with a small gesture once a day. It doesn’t have to be complicated or cost a dime; the time you take to send a text or leave a little note to tell them how special they are can mean more than expensive gifts.
- When your loved one has had a bad day make it a point to be extra kind by helping him or her out around the house, whether it’s by making dinner, doing laundry, or even giving him or her a back massage.
- Even if you only have a few minutes of time with your loved one in the morning make it count.
- Greeting your partner with affection communicates his or her importance to you while reminding him or her of the good feelings you share when you’re in each other’s company.
- Take the time to listen to your partner and to respond to his or her needs thoughtfully.
- You can’t always give your partner the affection and attention that he or she needs, but you can make a goal to do this much more often.